Ethiopia is a unique country in several different aspects. The nation is located in the Horn of Africa. It remains one of the rare few countries that never saw colonization. It is the only African Country that the European forces could never occupy. Accordingly, The Country is one of the continent’s most culturally rich and diverse nations.
Since the Country never saw colonization, the people of the nation have retained several customs and traditions of the early African civilizations that have disappeared in several other nations. The following facts make the Country.
- Ethiopia has a thirteen-month calendar. Accordingly, The people of that country are eight years behind the standard Gregorian calendar that the rest of the world uses.
- Ethiopia also has a different time measurement technique. They use a separate clock to tell time and believe sunrise is at 1 o’clock and sunset at 12.
- Ethiopia is also the only African country fighting and winning the war against colonialism.
- Several international experts consider Ethiopia as the birthplace of the Rastafarian movement.
- The Ethiopians found the world-renowned delicacy of Coffee
- Ethiopia is the home of the oldest people in the world; the bone Lucy found was approximately 3.2 million years. It’s called the land of origins.
- Ethiopia’s longest-ruling dynasty ended in the 1970s with Emperor Haile Selassie. The dynasty lasted from the time of Solomon till the last Emperor Haile Selassie.
- Several experts across the globe believe that The Ark of the Covenant is in Ethiopia. The Ark of Covenant or the Ark of god is the most sacred relic of the Israelites
- Dallol in Ethiopia is the hottest place on Earth that a civilization or society currently inhabits.
- Addis Ababa, the country’s capital city, is the continent’s highest capital city.
- Ethiopia is also the only place you can feed live hyenas as a tourist attraction.
- Ethiopia has the longest lava lake called “The Gateway to Hell”. The Erta Ale Volcano derives its name from the Afar language. Meanwhile, The phrase translates as ‘The Smoking Mountain’. It is one of the most active volcanoes in the world.