The founder of Land of Hope, Anja Ringgren Loven, extended her heartfelt gratitude to the supporters and donors of the NGO for their unwavering commitment to the betterment of the NGO and, by extension, the lives of the children sheltered at the organization.
She expressed the most profound gratitude for the assistance that they received from various sources. She explained that we face many health challenges With 92 children at Land of Hope.
Recently, on August 24, one of the children, Uduak, needed this assistance.
During a football match, someone accidentally kicked the child in the face. He was conscious at first but bleeding profusely through the nose. Further, he sustained an open wound of about 1.5 cm.
Later, Uduak developed an intense headache and fever due to nasal obstruction. Following this, the authorities at Land of Hope rushed him to the hospital to prevent hypoxia.
Further, Anja Ringgren Loven reflected on all the emergencies and health challenges we have faced in the past 6-8 months. She claimed the list is long:
- Miracle fell and broke her arm. She had to undergo two major operations and a long rehabilitation in the hospital.
- One of our girls found two big lumps in her breast and had to undergo surgery. The doctors found one more lump in her other breast during the operation.
- Mary Sam was rushed to the hospital due to an episode of convulsion.
- After several episodes of body spasms and examinations, she received a diagnosis of epilepsy and is currently on medical treatment.
- Deborah was rushed to the hospital because she suddenly fainted while playing football and was in a coma.
- She had several seizures, and after examinations, she received a diagnosis of severe asthma.
- While David Jr. was playing with Ezekiel, he suddenly fainted.
- Ezekiel has also received a diagnosis of severe asthma.
- Due to shaking hands, Land of Hope authorities took Mary and Grace to the hospital for several neurological examinations. They are waiting for a diagnosis.
- Joseph has received a diagnosis of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and admitted in and out of hospitals.
- Gideon was rushed to the hospital with acute appendicitis and had his appendix removed.
- Victory had an epileptic attack and fell to the ground, which caused a major head trauma injury. Land of Hope staff rushed him to the hospital.
- King had severe malaria complications and had acute treatment in the middle of the night.
Anja confessed I don’t know what we would do without your support. Between all the emergencies, we have children on malaria and typhus treatment daily.
Uduak is feeling better, and even though I worry every day, it gives me comfort knowing that whenever we need help, you are always ready to support us.