Bauchi State Governor Senator Abdulkadir Mohammed inaugurates Project State Steering Committee.
The project aims to boost girl-child access to basic Education by creating a safe and accessible learning space, fostering an enabling environment for girls, project management, and system strengthening.
Innovative solutions will be deployed to achieve that through the building of new schools and renovation of classrooms, cash transfers, and social norms campaigns.
Along with this, it can also be achieved by providing safe and secure schools, which are necessary for girls’ school attendance, by going beyond fencing school perimeters to providing comprehensive security measures.
The rollout of life skills and digital literacy training to ensure that girls gain valuable skills for the job market and can continue their learning in case of disruptions is also key.
Others are the permanent Secretary MoE, Chairman SUBEB, Heads of the Bauchi State Agency for Mass Education, Bauchi State Agency for Nomadic Education, Bauchi State Agency for Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Bauchi State Teachers Service Commission, Bauchi State Scholarship Board, Bauchi State Agency for Disability, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa College of Education Kangere, Bauchi State Bureau of ICT, Bauchi State Sustainable Development Goals Office, SBMC, PTA, ASSUS, and NUT NGOs working in Education among others.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
1. Review the implementation of the state sub‐project and forward its analysis and conclusions to the NPCU.
2. Approve annual work plans, programs, budgets, and procurement plans for the state
3. Ensure that agreed performance targets and timeline of the state sub‐project are met
4. Address critical issues that could hinder the implementation of the project.
5. Track performance progressively using approved key performance indicators for each of the project sub-components
6. Ensure effective communication and access to information
7. Monitor feedback and grievance redressal
8. Monitoring of project implementation outcome achievement