West Africa is home to many ethnic groups, tribes and communities. The Yoruba Tribe is one of the many tribes living in the continent. The tribe commonly finds homes in parts of Benin, Nigeria and Tago. The tribe is one of the most intriguing and noteworthy tribes in the west African continent. They have the credit for several interesting accomplishments.
It is important to note that the international community does not know many of these accomplishments. Here are ten facts about the Yoruba Tribe that the world is unaware of.
1) Yoruba are the most educated people in West Africa. Accordingly, they have the credit for creating the first university and many other first infrastructures like skyscrapers, Media, and others.
2); Yoruba has the highest number of twins in West Africa and the world. The static is both interesting and rare for a community.
3) Yoruba also has the highest number of top-notch celebrities in West Africa and Africa as a whole.
4) The combined GDP of six Yoruba states is richer than all the countries in West Africa.
5) The Yoruba music and movie industry is the richest and biggest in West Africa. This statistic is significant because West Africa is home to the second-largest film industry in the world, Nollywood.
6) The Yoruba language is the second most widely spoken indigenous language in West Africa. Further, it is the first most widely spoken language outside the African continent.
7) Yoruba has the highest number of millionaires and billionaires in West Africa.
Yoruba won the highest number of local and international awards in West Africa and Africa at large.
9) Yoruba has the highest number of manufacturers and company owners in West Africa.
10) Yoruba women are the most successful in West Africa in all sectors. A Yoruba woman, Alakija, is the richest woman in West Africa and Africa at large.