Young Progressive Party and Senatorial Candidate Comrade Sunny Ofehe took to his Facebook account on Sunday, December 11, 2022, to unveil his manifesto for the upcoming senatorial elections in Delta State.
Reportedly, The 2023 Nigerian Senate elections in Delta State will be held on February 25, 2023. Further, They will elect the three federal Senators from Delta State. One from each of the State’s three senatorial districts.
The politician affiliated with the Young Progressive Party revealed his manifesto on his social media with the words:
Finally, my campaign manifesto has been unveiled and introduced.The Press at the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ), Delta State chapter in Asaba recieved the manifesto.
The Young Progressives Party (YPP) Delta State Working Committee members and some contestants also accompanied the YPP politician Sunny Ofehe to the manifesto launch.
Among the highlights of the commitments Comrade Sunny Ofehe made to the people of Delta are:
- He promised Social benefits to 1 million underprivileged Deltans at a minimum of 10,000 Naira.
- The politician committed to working on bringing Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) of 26 billion dollars to Delta State.
- Ofehe promised to Create 250,000 new jobs.
- Committed to the complete eradication of all taxes, levies or charges on market traders, tricycle riders and hawkers
- Provide Free Medical and Healthcare services to pregnant women and children under five years.
- Sunny Ofehe will create a Ministry of Diaspora Affairs. A Deltan in the Diaspora will be the head of the ministry
- Setting up an Economic hub in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, to facilitate FDI and external revenue generation for the State.
Finally, the senatorship candidate urged the people of Delta to Vote for his political party. He also urged them to vote for himself (Comrade (Chief Dr.) Sunny Ofehe) as the next Governor of Delta State.
He promised that he would work together with the authorities of the State to find solutions to the problems plaguing the State.