The Panorama Steel Pan competition, one of the many competitions hosted as part of the most popular Annual Carnival in St Kitts and Nevis, Sugar Mas 51 has concluded. The SKNNCC has declared the result of the competition on their official facebook page, and the defending champions, EBJ Harmonics, have managed to retain their title for the third time in a row.
The National Carnival Committee (SKNNCC), responsible for organizing the month-long carnival festivities, chose December 16 as the day to host the competition event.
The event was hosted at the carnival village and started at 8:00 PM. The competing teams were arranged in the order of their performances:
- PAN VYBZ STEEL ORCHESTRA They played the tune Soca Rebel
- NEVIS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT STEEL ORCHESTRA. The orchestra played the tune: We’re In This Together
- YOUNG VIBRATIONS STEEL ORCHESTRA played the Jumping Up Again tune
- The defending champions, Island Flavors EBJ Harmonics STEEL ORCHESTRA, played Nobody Gon Run Me
- PAN-DEMIC STEEL ORCHESTRA played the tune All Aboard
- POINCIANA RHYTHMZ STEEL ORCHESTRA played Savannah Grass
- OUALIE RHYTHMZ STEEL ORCHESTRA played the tune Out And Bad
The SKNNCC has declared the result of the competition on their official facebook page, and the defending champions, EBJ Harmonics, have managed to retain their title for the third time in a row.
Following the conclusion of the competition, The results of the competition are as follows:
- The winner of the Panorama Steel Pan competition received: 259 Points. The Island Flavours EBJ Harmonics Steel Orchestra played King Short Shirt’s creation – No Body Go Run Me.
- The 1st Runner-up of the competition received a total of 239 Points. The Young Vibrations Steel Orchestra played renowned artist King Konris’s Creation – Jumping Up Again.
- In the Panorama Steel Pan competition, the orchestra that landed at the 2nd Runner-up position received 226 points. The Poinciana Rhythmz Steel Orchestra played Kes’ creation and tune – Savannah Grass.
- Finally, the last bit of results for the Panorama Steel Pan announced Oualie Rhythms Steel Orchestra as the 3rd Runner-Up with a total of 219 Points. They played Voice’s creation and tune- Out and Bad.